Friday, January 9, 2009

Happy New Year!

January 1, 2009
Happy New Year!
It rained all night last night. I went to bed early. There was no countdown. Our tent is not water proof but water resistant- it sweats. I haven’t slept well in a while but that makes for good naps. We’ve been laying on the beach, jumping in the water, and eating seafood. We’ve made some friends with the kids selling their beaded bracelets- Coconut says that I should marry his brother and there will be no cattle involved because it will be for love. Why is everyone trying to marry me off?
I learned about a little stall in the back of all the craft stands where you can get awesome local food. You gotta walk between 2 of the stands to get back there. The ladies are so sweet and the peanut curry was excellent.
I’ve met lots of interesting people- PCVs from SA, a girl who drove from London to Cape Town, a couple who quit their jobs and have been traveling around Africa for 3 months.
Overall it’s been good. Mozambique is quite expensive though so if you come here I recommend not coming during the December holidays, DON”T stay at Fatima’s (I don’t even want to go into why but just don’t) and to get farther north- I hear Barro is breathtaking and quiet.

No comments: