Sunday, March 22, 2009

Not Me

March 8, 2009
I just found out I’m supposed to be on the Educative Tour Committee. Excuse me? Who? What when were…I’m so flabbergasted I can’t even put question marks! I vehemently protest my appointment to this project. Yall just keep trying to make me do things I don’t want to do. Let someone volunteer (cuz I already am). Assign someone who believes in this project, cuz it aint me babe no no no it aint me babe it aint me you’re lookin for, babe.
I’m not opposed to the tour, I just don’t want to be a part of it. I’ve heard too many horror stories from other volunteers. They need to do their own fundraising within Nam and have Namibian teachers working on it so it doesn’t start and end with a PCV, like it does at most schools.
Besides, I’ve got a full plate with reading groups, netball courts, ISP, and other things. Thank you but I’d rather not.

No comments: