Monday, September 22, 2008

Hanging On By A Thread

July 23, 2008

“Blessed be the name of the Lord, Blessed be your name
Blessed be your name in the land that is plentiful, where the streams of abundance flow
Blessed be your name”
Wow, a place with water in the riverbeds. Nice.

“Blessed be your name when I’m found in the desert place. Though I walk through the wilderness, blessed be your name…”
I am definitely in the desert place. This is the wilderness indeed.

“Blessed be your name when the sun’s shining down on me, when the world’s all as it should be, blessed be your name.”
Namibia does have about 300 sunny days a year. I do like that. Though there’s no shade- not a cloud in the sky and no tree to rest under.

“Blessed be your name on the road marked with suffering, when there’s pain in the offering, blessed be your name.”
(Bitter laugh) Oh the road is actually named suffering. This is the most painful offering I think I’ve ever given.

“Every blessing you pour out I’ll turn back to praise. When the darkness closes in Lord still I will say blessed be the name of the Lord blessed be your glorious name.”
Through the tiny joys Lord you have encouraged me, for that Lord, I praise you. Still this life feels so heavy, Lord I know the only reason it hasn’t fallen on me is that it’s your strength that is carrying it. Blessed be your name.

No comments: