Thursday, May 1, 2008

Left My Passport in El Segundo

April 17, 2008

I packed wonderfully for 2 weeks. I'm getting better and better at this. I don't take more than I can carry and thus not more than I need. I've also got room for souvenirs- sweet!
I'm in town and so excited for the adventure that lays ahead of me. BriAnne is on her way and then we're out of here tomorrow- so long Namibia!
Awwwwwww ish! I forgot my passport. Excuse me? Yes, I left my passport in the green trunk in my closet in the village 2.5 hours away down a dirt road to which there is no transport until tomorrow afternoon at about the same time our bus is scheduled to leave for Cape Town. Nice.
Where's the key? Here on my key chain. Maybe they can send the entire trunk tomorrow morning with the transport if they can get into my house before he comes. Or we could rent a car in Gobabis (yeah right) and drive back to the village.
Or we could change our bus tickets until Monday and stay in our 1 street shopping town for the weekend. That'll be fine and packed with excitement. But then we'll wear out the little things that we love to do here once/month.
What the heck are we going to do??

After much worry, the principal came home with key in time for the secretary to get in my house and search for my PC passport. It wasn't in the green trunk. It was in the pocket of a purse. Imagine if they had sent that entire footlocker to town! Yes, I actually let some one I don't know very well in to my room. What else was I going to do? They brought the passport into town and we were able to get to the capital in time. Sorry, I just forgot that South Africa is actually another country and that I'd need a passport to get through.

Praise God I remembered before we tried to get on the bus.

No comments: