Sunday, May 11, 2008

Please Don't Make Me Wait In Vain

May 9, 2008

An SMS or text conversation between myself and a friend in America-

USA: Things have been crazy busy at work. Sorry I haven’t written that letter. I just got my PDA phone fixed and can now text more often.

Namib: I was waiting for a letter and a package. Should I stop holding my breath?

USA: No.

Namib: I live in a village (150 ppl, 2.5 hrs away frm a paved road) and you cannot play with my emotions like that. Getting mail is amazing. It’s like…there is no US equivalent.

USA: Wow, I will send you a package in 2 weeks.

Namib: Okay, it takes 3 wks to get here, so I’ll have it in 5 weeks. Can you imagine waiting 5 weeks for something?

USA: I’ll send it next Friday so you’ll have it in 4 weeks!!! That’s my word.

No comments: