Sunday, July 6, 2008

Delirious

June 22, 2008

I want to go home. My mind seized on this Friday and hasn’t let go since. I love the family pics my sister sent and I love hearing stories about my little munchkins. But I hate that they’re growing up without me. I have an intense longing to see them (“want” doesn’t begin to describe what I feel). My little burrito is now a super walking burrito and will be talking before I know it…and I won’t be there. Plus, this life is rough. I don’t love this country (probably never will). I don’t love this culture.
One of the things giving me comfort right now is cooking. On the weekends at least 2 of my 3 meals are a production. Yesterday for breakfast I had bacon, eggs, and hashed browns. Lunch was tuna cakes. This morning it was French toast and fried corn. Lunch ended up being a grilled cheese and salad but I prepared the spinach pizza topping for later in the week. I also rolled out some homemade tortillas and chopped veggies for tacos.
I feel like I spent a lot on groceries this month but right now it’s my sanity.

No comments: