Sunday, July 6, 2008

Hanging By A Thread

June 27, 2008

Me and Bri: An SMS Conversation
(all abbreviations have been spelled out for your sake)

Me: It was an alright week. There was some homesickness then consideration of going home in August. Interesting chats with host mom. Classes alright. Lots of quiet time and prayer this week. Optimistic.
Bri: You really are using positive coping. I’m impressed. Unless that was code for ‘spent the week drinking. Broke down and ate an earthworm, I hate this place.’ Really though, glad you connected with host mom and took some time for yourself.

Me: Oh girl, I’m hanging on by a thread…wish I brought that 6-pk but better that I didn’t. Find relief in escapism…just today talking about Mozambique in August. It’s all good when I’m in my room chillin’ with Jesus…when I get to class with those little buggers I’m just tryin’ to recall Christ at all %-). Sorry, didn’t mean to sound zen or anything in last sms.

Bri: Hey I could use some zen myself, no apologies. And yeah, I can relate to that for sure. Best part of the day is 5pm when I shut my door for the day, light a candle (electricity still out) and read til bedtime. And I look at my calendar alot. Alot.

Me: We MUST get some leads on what to do for August break next weekend…something to dream about under your flickering flames .

Bri: Sounds like a plan. I’m looking forward to looking forward.

No comments: