Sunday, July 6, 2008

Question Box

June 12, 2008

My kids are so funny! I put a box on the reading table- the question box. They can ask any question and they have to put their grade on the paper too. Oh they’ve been begging me to answer questions all week. Some of the things that have been on their minds (all questions have been changed to actually make sense):

* Is this the first time you plaited your hair? Is it all yours?
No, this is not the first time. I braid my hair every summer in America. Yes it’s all mine.

* Do people in North America eat earthworms?
I don’t know about Mexico or Canada but in the United States well…I don’t think so. (some people in Namibia eat them)

* Why haven’t we been getting stars on the star chart?
Have you been good lately? I asked you last week if you thought you deserved stars. You said no and I agreed with you. When you’re good you’ll get stars.

* We want to go to Chicago.
Shoot, I want to go to Chicago too. And that’s not a question.

* Will you come after study to our homestead?
Yes I will (screams of delight). I would like to see a Namibian homestead. I will come on the weekend and help you do chores. (shouts of disbelief and cries of yes!)

No comments: