Sunday, December 14, 2008

Get Me Outta Here

November 18, 2008
Me: So it’s raining and the electricity went out. We lit candles… Wow, I can almost fool myself that life is normal, then I lay on my foam mattress and realize that I’m not in Kansas anymore…or any of the 50 United States.

Bri: Aye bandito, roger that Toto. Is it Friday yet? Hell, is it December 5th yet?
(Dec 5- last day in the village)

Me: I’m willing Friday to come quick! I may even try to get out on Thursday so I can go to the doctor.

Bri: Yeah, how are you?

Me: Eeeh, it fluctuates- today it was really annoying. I’ve got to get this taken care of cuz today there seemed to be an echo effect…ot was that just the sound of my voice bouncing off their hard little heads?

Bri: Lol, that is hilarious and sad and true…Yeah, definitely take care of you!

No comments: