Sunday, February 22, 2009

Celebrate The Small Successes

February 4, 2009

I’m so proud of Grade 6! They are such an awesome class. So last week we started Natural Science with the male reproductive organs (1st topic in the book actually) and they had a test on it. The next day I put the names of the the 3 highest scorers on the bulletin board and they got stickers. They loved the recognition.
On Monday we began with the female reproductive organs. Next we made some flashcards to help them study. When we took the test so you want to know how many perfect scores there were?? Nine! This is up from 1 the last week. I praised them and told them how proud I am. Their little faces were beaming. I also said, “Now I know that you can do it and you know that you can do it. I expect you to keep it up.”

No comments: